Riverside Road Hazard Accident Lawyers
Have you been driving down the road or the interstate and had to swerve because of a pothole or something was laying in the road? What happens if you have a motor vehicle accident because of a road hazard? Who will pay your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages?
In order to ensure your legal right to receive compensation for your injuries and losses is protected, you need to contact an experienced Riverside car accident attorney as soon as possible. Road hazard accidents can involve multiple parties, government entities, large corporations, and disputed liability. For this reason, you need an experienced road hazard accident attorney as soon as possible working on your case to identify and preserve key evidence that will be used to hold the responsible party accountable and to get you the money you deserve.
Types of Road Hazard Accidents
Road hazards cause thousands of accidents each day throughout California. Determining who is liable for a road hazard accident begins with determining what caused the accident. Common road hazards that can cause accidents include:
- Faulty traffic signals
- Missing traffic signs
- Improperly maintained bridges and roads
- Poorly maintained or untrimmed roadside trees, bushes, and other foliage
In addition to the above common road hazards, the following conditions can also cause a road hazard accident:
- Road Debris – Road debris includes everything from trash, pieces of tires, and other vehicle debris to household items or other consumer items that have fallen off a vehicle while in transport. Regardless of what the road debris may be, an accident caused by road debris is usually not your fault. However, it may be difficult to determine who is at fault for the road debris. It is imperative that you consult with an experienced car accident attorney in Riverside CA as soon as possible, to work quickly to obtain evidence, interview witnesses, and get you the compensation you deserve for your road hazard accident.
- Construction Zones – Construction zones are a large contributor to accidents because of the barriers, machinery, and debris left behind as workers perform their job. If you have an accident in a construction zone or your vehicle is damaged in a construction zone, you may have an action against the construction company, the general contract, and the government entity tasked with maintaining that road.
- Tailgating and Aggressive Driving – This type of road hazard is increasing as road rage takes over more drivers. Aggressive driving and tailgating can quickly cause an accident. Typically, the other driver is at fault in this type of road hazard accident.
- Inclement Weather – Inclement weather cannot be controlled by anyone; however, it is a road hazard that can cause car crashes. Even if no other cars are involved in the accident, you may be entitled to receive compensation under your automobile insurance policy, and/or others responsible for maintaining the road. Be careful — simply because you are dealing with your own insurance company you are not ensured a fair settlement. You should still consult with a car accident attorney Riverside CA to ensure you are being treated fairly.
- Distracted Driving – Distracted driving is quickly becoming the number one reason for car accidents. Texting while driving, eating, grooming, interacting with passengers, adjusting vehicle controls, and using electronic devices are all examples of distracted driving. If you are in an accident caused by a distracted driver, you have the right to recover compensation for your injuries under California’s personal injury laws.
- Drunk Drivers – This type of road hazard is easily preventable if drivers would drink responsibly. If a person chooses to consume alcohol or drugs, the person should find another way home other than getting behind the wheel of a car. A person who causes a DUI accident is responsible for any damages, losses, and injuries caused by that accident.
As experienced car accident attorneys in Riverside, CA, our law firm handles a variety of road hazard accident claims each year. Each accident is unique and our team will promptly investigate the cause(s) of your accident, determine the responsible party(ies), obtain all key evidence, interview any witnesses, and work to get you the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering, and other damages..
If you or a family member has been injured in a road hazard accident, do not wait to contact a car accident attorney Riverside, CA. You only have a limited amount of time to file a claim under California’s personal injury laws. If you wait too long, you may lose your right to receive compensation.
Did You Crash Due to a Road Hazard?
Call Heiting & Irwin at 951-682-6400 to schedule a free consultation with one of our car accident lawyers. You may also contact our office online for your convenience. Our road hazard accident attorneys can help you receive compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, physical pain, mental anguish, scarring, permanent disability, and other compensable damages.