Product Liability in the State of California
The State of California is one of the most innovative states in the nation. From the promotion of self-driving cars to drones, these modern technologies are becoming increasingly common in the State of California. While new inventions may seem ideal, many consumers can find that some products are not reliable. Unfortunately, some of these products may cause injuries, even severe injuries, and death. If you have found that a product has caused you or a loved one injuries, your rights may be protected by seeking the services of qualified attorneys.
Product liability laws in the State of California may be highly complex and difficult to understand. Many laws will also change repeatedly to stay current with the ever changing landscape of the law. If you have sustained injuries due to a product, seek the advice and support of a qualified attorney who has experience in product liability cases. An experienced attorney can guide you through your available legal options. This article will help you understand the general overview of product liability cases. For more information, seek the support and guidance of a qualified attorney.
If you or your loved ones have been injured by a product and are seeking to file a claim, it is highly important to recognize that there is a very limited time frame in which you will be allowed to file the case. California State courts allow for a short period of allowance to file claims, legally referred to as a statute of limitations. If you seek to file a claim based on an injury sustained, you will have strict time limits to file the claim. Speak to a qualified attorney who can guide you through the process of filing a claim, and receive appropriate compensation. An attorney can help to ensure that your claim is presented correctly.
Understanding When a Company Can Be Held Liable
A company may be held accountable for the damages if the following apply:
- Defective product designs
- The design is faulty and resulted in injuries or death.
- Seek the support of a qualified attorney who has knowledge of this area of the law right away. This will help you determine if filing the claim has the potential to being successful and it will preserve your rights.
- Defects in the manufacturing of the product
- If the specific product was incorrectly or negligently manufactured, you may have a claim.
- Insufficient instructions or warnings in regard to the use of the product
- Even if a product was not defectively designed or wrongly manufactured, it still needs to have proper instructions and/or warnings. If you have been injured due to the lack of proper and complete instructions, consult with an attorney who can guide you through your available options.
Obtain Legal Support
There are many factors that come into play when seeking to file a product liability claim. You have to consider a wealth of factors and laws that could affect your case. Seek the advice of an experienced attorney who can champion for your rights as a victim.
The attorneys at Heiting and Irwin have extensive experience in the field of product liability claims. They are dedicated to assisting victims receive full financial compensation due to a product failure or defect. Time is of the essence; obtain the right legal support today.