Can Car Accident Attorneys Get You More Compensation After Your Accident?
If you were recently involved in a car accident, you will probably wonder whether you need to hire a lawyer. What do car accident attorneys do? Why would you need one? What should you look for if you decide to hire one? The car accident lawyers at Heiting & Irwin can answer these questions and more during a free, no-obligation consultation. The firm was founded in 1976 by a former President of the California State Bar and remains committed to helping obtain fair compensation for their clients in all circumstances. These experienced personal injury attorneys have recovered over $500 million in damages for clients. An attorney specializing in accident cases can explain how they may be able to help with your car accident claim when you contact them at (951) 682-6400 or visit them online at www.hilegalgroup.com for a free initial case review.
What the Numbers Say
Some personal injury victims think they can save money by handling their claim on their own. However, the Insurance Research Council (IRC) published research originally in 1999 that showed that personal injury victims who were represented by an attorney received settlements about 3.5 times greater than those without legal representation. Since then, the organization has continued to publish research with similar findings.
These independent results suggest that those with an attorney are more likely to have their claim approved and for more money. Heiting & Irwin’s lawyers have a history of negotiating much, much more than that offered to individuals.
How a Car Accident Attorney Can Help
While obtaining compensation is certainly important, car accident attorneys can assist in a variety of ways during the claims process, including by doing the following:
- Investigating the car accident and all parties responsible for it
- Gathering compelling evidence to establish liability
- Answering questions and guiding the accident victim through the claims process
- Helping the accident victim determine what compensation they will be entitled to receive
- Reviewing insurance policies that apply
- Providing strategic and practical support
- Handling communications with the insurance company(ies), medical providers, billing services, credit bureaus, mortgage companies, and the like
- Applying their knowledge of the law to advance legal theories in the case
- Negotiating for fair compensation on the accident victim’s behalf
- Reviewing all the accident victim’s legal options with them
- Taking the matter to trial and obtaining a jury verdict
How Personal Injury Attorneys Are Paid
Car accident attorneys and other personal injury lawyers are generally paid on a contingency-fee basis. This means that they only get paid for their services if they successfully recover compensation on their client’s behalf. If they do secure compensation, they receive the percentage that the client agreed to. Heiting & Irwin handles car accidents on the following basis: There are no fees unless the client recovers money, and then only a percentage of that money. The percentage is usually dependent on the circumstances. Heiting & Irwin insists that all fee agreements are in writing with a copy provided to the client.
What To Look for in a Car Accident Lawyer
Here are some qualities to look for in hiring a car accident attorney:
- Experience – Experience is one of the most important qualities someone can look for in a car accident attorney. Accident victims want to know the attorney who handles their case has handled other car accident cases and cases similar to theirs. Heiting & Irwin has been in existence over 47 years and has attorney accumulated experience as lawyers handling personal injury cases of about 150 years!
- Results – A firm with an established track record should be able to demonstrate a documented history of recovering damages for past clients. Heiting & Irwin has recovered over $500 million for its clients.
- Good client feedback – The best way to learn what it would be like to work with a particular car accident attorney may be to hear about other clients’ experiences. Heiting & Irwin has a client rating of 4.9 out of 5.0 stars. They are rated as “preeminent” by one major rating service and “superb” by the other.
- Compassion – Accident victims will be working closely with their car accident attorney. Therefore, it is important for the attorney to care about their client and want what is best for them. Heiting & Irwin lawyers and staff live in the same communities, shop at the same stores, have kids who go to the same schools, and attend the same churches as the clients they serve.
Do You Have Questions About How Car Accident Lawyers May Assist With Your Claim?
If you have other questions about car accident attorneys and how they can assist with your accident claim, consider reaching out to Heiting & Irwin. An experienced attorney specializing in car accident cases can handle your claim while you focus on your recovery. You can schedule a free case review by calling (951) 682-6400 or visiting them online at www.hilegalgroup.com
 Each case is individual, and results may/will vary. There are no guarantees.