Close Menu


If you, a family member, friend or acquaintance have sustained catastrophic injuries on the job, or if you know of someone who has suffered such an unfortunate fate, you should consult with an experienced Worker’s Compensation attorney who, has handled many such cases.

By catastrophic injuries, I am typically referring to an extremely serious, life-altering  injury or illness that substantially impairs an individuals livelihood and quality of life. Such injuries can include, but are not limited to:

  • Serious neck, back and spinal injuries such as quadriplegic and paraplegic;
  • Serious burns;
  • Traumatic brain injuries which can include permanent mental incapacity, emotional and cognitive impairments, defects and memory loss;
  • Loss of Eyesight/Hearing;
  • Amputations;
  • Liver or Renal Failure;
  • Cardiovascular and Respiratory Injuries;
  • Serious Head/Facial Injuries;
  • Certain COVID-related complications and diagnosis.

These types of injuries are always tragic and are usually severely debilitating both physically and emotionally.  They have a devastating effect on the injured worker, as well as his or her family.

For these reasons, it is important to obtain the services of an attorney/firm experienced in the handling of such cases who:

  • Regularly consults with both medical and financial experts when formulating demands for settlement;
  • Has handled and continues to handle many of such cases;
  • Is familiar with very large structured settlement and annuities;
  • Has settled several cases with large Medicare Set Aside allocations;
  • Has obtained home health care and in-home nursing care on behalf of his/her client;
  • Has obtained home modification/construction costs for his client;
  • Is familiar with specialized care facilities such as those dealing with brain injuries or serious burns;
  • Has been able to get, in certain circumstances, reimbursement and/or payment to or on behalf of family members who have sacrificed to provide care for the injured worker.

When you are looking for such a Worker’s Compensation Attorney, consider hiring a Certified Specialist (Certified by the State Bar of California), who has been in practice for significant period of time, who also had “third party” attorneys in his or her firm, that would advise you as to whether you could pursue another case in civil court to recover certain damages and losses that cannot be recovered in a Worker’s Compensation matter.

These cases can often settle for tens of thousands or tens of million of dollars.

Call us and give us the opportunity to discuss your case with you.

Even if it’s not Heiting & Irwin – get an experienced attorney (who meets the above criteria) to represent you, as such an attorney will have resources you simply do not have access to and can obtain much greater benefits and much greater result than you be able to obtain on your own.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn