File a Products Liability Lawsuit for a Defective Baby Crib or Toddler Bed
According to data collected by Nationwide Children’s Hospital, every year there about ten-thousand hospital visits as a result of crib malfunctions. Additionally, over one-hundred toddler and infant deaths occur each year as a result of unsafe sleeping conditions of infants.
Injuries resulting from a defective baby crib or toddler bed can be extremely serious and can often affect a child for his or her entire life. Some of the most dangerous injuries can involve strangulation or an injury to the neck or head. In the State of California, the parents of the child have the legal right to file a lawsuit for the injuries to their child caused by a defective product. Damages collected from a successful lawsuit can help to cover expenses caused by the injury such as:
● All medical expenses (past and future)
● Physical therapy
● Medical equipment
● Nursing care
● Other expenses, needs and losses
For cases that involve lifelong injury to a child (or even death), it is imperative to seek the legal support of an expert attorney who can help file a claim.
Different Aspects of Products Liability
Filing for a products liability claim can involve several different factors:
1. Design Flaws – A design flaw can make a toddler bed or crib unsafe. When a design flaw occurs, a complete recall in the model of the product made be instituted. Potential dangers involving design flaws can include the following:
a. Defect in a drop side
b. Faulty designed bed posts
c. Defective materials
d. Slats and openings spaced improperly
e. Other issues
2. Manufacturing error – When there has been a manufacturing error, this will typically involve errors that can take place when the bed or crib is being assembled or during the transportation of the product.
3. Marketing defects – When a toddler bed or baby crib fails to provide sufficient instructions or warning labels, injuries caused by the product are actionable.
Obtain the Legal Support of a Professional Products Liability Attorney
Many toddler bed and crib manufacturers have been found to be careless related to their products. If your child has suffered an injury because of an unsafe toddler bed or crib, you have the legal right to file a lawsuit in effort of obtaining monetary damages. Any money received from the lawsuit can help to pay past medical expenses as well as all future medical bills. In some cases, a child may suffer injuries that could require long-term therapy and care; a successful products liability lawsuit can help to cover those expenses. Prevention of future accidents involving others is also a consideration.
The attorneys at Heiting & Irwin are skilled in personal injury law with regard to products liability cases in the State of California. The attorneys at Heiting & Irwin have dedicated their careers to helping victims who have been injured as a result of negligence. Products liability claims in the State of California are time sensitive; obtain the qualified support of an experienced attorney today.