Five Romantic Restaurants for Valentine’s Day in Riverside, California
Ah, Valentine’s Day in Riverside, California: love is in the air, pink and red decorations adorn restaurants, offices, and flower shops, and Cupid flies around the town.
Okay, maybe Cupid hasn’t been spotted yet this year, but Feb. 14 is almost here. As the day approaches, many begin to worry as to where they will be taking their date for Valentine’s dinner.
To help those who are beginning their Valentine’s date research, we’ve found a list on MyTreat recommending the top five date restaurants in Riverside for you and that special someone. We pass their recommendations on to you here.
- Bann Thai: From the outside, Bann Thai has the look of an old house. When you enter, however, the family run restaurant is quite cozy, with an ambiance that’s intimate and romantic. Be sure to try authentic Thai cuisine dishes like the Pad Thai, yellow curry, and cashew chicken.
- Duane’s Prime Steak & Seafood: If you’ve lived in Riverside for some time, you’ve probably heard of Duane’s. The steak and seafood restaurant is a trendy hotspot for a classy dinner. Dress up for the evening, use the valet parking, and enjoy the fantastic service. The menu has traditional favorites like lobster bisque, rib eye, and twice-baked potatoes. Try a juicy steak, but be prepared to pay a little extra. Many claim that the experience is worth the price, however.
- The Salted Pig: Now, if The Salted Pig sounds like an unusual name for a Riverside romance spot, suspend judgment until you give the restaurant a try. With a hipster, trendy, and casual atmosphere, it can make for a fun and romantic date. The dress code is casual, so you can be comfortable. We recommend the Filthy Fries, the Pork Belly Sandwich, or any of the gourmet burgers. Plus, the place opened on Valentine’s Day 2011, so there has to be some good Cupid’s Day vibes going on there, right?
- Sushi Asahi: If you’re looking for a true Japanese experience in Riverside, schedule a date at Sushi Asahi. The restaurant is comfortable and cozy with a casual elegance, a great choice for Valentine’s Day. Be sure to try traditional Japanese cuisine like sushi rolls, tempura, and more. If you’re really feeling adventurous (and hungry), go for the all-you-can-eat sushi special. Many Californians claim Sushi Asahi is the best sushi place in California.
- Mario’s Place: If you’re looking for the upscale, classy, super-romantic dinner spot in Riverside, Mario’s Place is it. The ambiance is quiet and intimate, with guests required to where something dressy. The menu consists of lamb chops, scallops, mushroom ravioli, and delicious pizza. Mario’s place is best known for the wine selection, but don’t forget to try the desserts as well.
We hope this helps you and your date have a fantastic time in Riverside, California on Valentine’s Day. There are so many romantic spots in the City of Arts and Innovation, but be sure to make reservations ahead of time!